Adding pumpkin to your dog’s diet has many advantages… and they LOVE it! Pumpkin is full of vitamins, minerals (A, E, and C, and potassium and iron) and is high in fiber.
- Absorbs water from your dog stool
- Produces fatty acids and fiber fermentation
- Supplies energy to cells
- Stimulates intestinal sodium
- Reduces the growth or activity of bacteria in the intestines
- Lowers the pH level of the large intestine
Although pumpkins are seasonal, you can find canned pumpkin year round. We recommend using organic canned pumpkin to ensure that it has a higher concentration of fiber and nutritional value compared to fresh pumpkin. It is important to watch the water, salt, spices, sugar, or other additives on the ingredient label. Pet Wants Cincy offers this year round at our Pet Wants Findlay Market and Kitchen location!
Diarrhea is no fun… so get creative!
- Mix a spoonful in with your dog’s dry kibble!
- Bake pumpkin into homemade treats!
- Freeze pumpkin in a Kong!
- Freeze pumpkin into ice cubes!